So I know that i'm a loser blogger, but I have good reasons. As many of you know, I have been back and forth on the whole going private/not going private dilemma that probably a lot of people have gone through. I hate private blogs for the same reasons that most everyone else does, you have to have an account, there's no way to know if they've updated unless you click on it and sign in... etc. Well I think I have come up with the perfect system for me. I don't want our blog to be private, so that everyone can see, but I am putting things in place to make it safer for me and my growing (More on that later) family.
One thing I was really worried about was people knowing our last name, and being able to find out where we live and all that good stuff. If you have our name on the side of your blog please get rid of our last name so that no one lurking can search for our last name.
Another thing I was worried about was that i've heard stories where people have stolen pictures of people's kids and whatever and used them for scams or other things like that, well I found this cool post on how to disable the right click feature on the pictures, so people can't download your pictures. It's super simple and for anyone that is worried about that, here is the link HERE to Right Click disable all your posts
Even if you disable the right click function on your pictures, people can still left click and enlarge your photos. Once the photo is enlarged in a new screen then they can right click and save/copy it from there. DO NOT disable left click all together, then you wouldn't be able to click on links, comments, or anything!!! In order to left click disable your pictures you have to remove the link for every single photo. It is a little time consuming but I think it is totally worth it! I am in the process of doing it right now, and since I don't have very many posts because i'm a slacker blogger, it shouldn't take too long. I know sometimes you want people to be able to look at the picture bigger and closer, and I guess if it is a picture you don't mind people stealing, you just don't disable the function for that particular picture. Here is the LINK if you're interested
Anyway, that was probably a long boring post and I commend you for getting all the way through it. From now on, i'm going to be a better blogger, because ultimately I do want this as our family journal for everyone to be able to look back on. And also, if you do read my blog, comment once in a while so that we can still keep tabs on each other. I feel the blogging world has made us all slackers on our relationships since we can just click and see what everyone is up to, instead of asking them and actually interacting with the people we are reading about.
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woohoo! Way to go getting all caught up. And I'm famous, I totally made it on your blog, ha!
ReplyDeleteHad no idea you guys were TTC for 10 months, you should have told me! I feel bad we teased you guys so much about "jumping on the bandwagon", that was so insensitive of us! You'd think I would know better!
Anyway, so excited for baby girl to get here so you can quit your job and we can hang out at Seven Peaks all summer, ha!
Just read all the updates. Loved em! Can't wait to see you in hopefully about an hour. Yesterday just wasn't enough. :)
ReplyDeleteI guess it depends on what you mean by "loser", but I enjoy your posts. Haven't been for awhile, so it was nice to get caught up. LOVING the link. Thanks for the tips!!!
ReplyDelete