Thursday, September 4, 2008

Silverwood!!!



This last weekend me and Michael decided to take a last minute trip to Spokane to visit my family before school started. The first day we were there, my parents took us to the local theme park Silverwood. It is a pretty awesome theme park, they have a big train (that michael loved). One interesting thing about the train is that was the first attraction at the theme park and it was all it had for a while. The owner of Silverwood at the time, outbid Walt Disney for the steam engine that they still have today! I thought that was a little interesting fact. Anyway, Silverwood has tons of other rides and even have one of the fastest, if not the fastest wooden rollercoaster which is totally tons of fun! They also got a new ride this year called "aftershock" It was probably the most intense rollercoaster I have ever been on. You start on the first pole facing down, then it shoots you off through the course up to the other pole, and then you keep going and it takes you around everything again but BACKWARDS. It was tons of fun going forward, but it was kind of crazy going backward! Anyway, we went on the water rapid ride, and some other really cool rides! We also went to a magic show. It was a good start to a really fun weekend! Thanks parents!






the train.



the fam


we got so SOAKED!




1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I forgot all about Silverwood. When I lived in Spokane, I went several times. It looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...